Your website is a critical part of the customer experience. Every element of your site must serve a purpose. When customer experience isn’t a focus on web design, the brand’s ability to attract and retain customers is affected. And any brand design agency worth its salt will swear by that simple fact. In this article, you’ll discover why customer experience has to be a top focal point when designing a site.
What is Customer Experience?
Customer experience is the sum of all customer interactions. That includes engagement with various touchpoints (online and offline).
Your website’s purpose goes beyond aesthetics. It’s a crucial touchpoint that’s often the determining factor of customer satisfaction. And how people feel about a company is based on each person’s overall experience with that brand.
Thankfully, you can control or architect customer experience by paying attention to it.
Improving Customer Experience on Your Site
The website’s usability and the way you handle communications with your customers should be flawless. In other words, you should create a website that’s easy to navigate and maintains an impressive design. However, that’s easier noted than done. That is why you need a customer journey map.
What is a Customer Journey Map?
A customer journey map is an illustrative representation of the steps your ideal customers take when engaging your brand.
“As a brand design agency, we use customer journey maps to inform design decisions. It offers a clear picture of the kind of experience customers expect and should receive” – GreyBox Creative.
Consider going through the process of creating one for your website. It allows you and your team to do the following.
- Visualize the motivations and pain points of customers
- Uncover potential interaction snags and address each one
- Align the business goals with customer needs
- Improve each touchpoint on the website to increase conversions
Benefits of Improving Customer Experience
- Customer retention – According to a PWC study, 32 percent of consumers will walk away from a brand after one horrible experience. Therefore, improving customer experience should increase consumer retention.
- More word-of-mouth referrals – People generally talk about good experiences, so you can earn more positive recommendations when customer experience is spectacular.
- Increase customer loyalty – Consumers usually stick with brands that consistently provide excellent customer experiences. As a result, an investment in customer experience is a revenue-generating opportunity.
- Win more customers – Improving customer experience eliminates friction or potential bottlenecks in the sales process, making it easier to onboard new customers.
- Better consumer engagement – Good customer experience can create the right conditions, making consumers more willing to engage and share information with brands.
- Mitigate risks – Companies that provide great customer experiences earn more consumer trust. When people trust your brand, most will come to you first whenever there’s a problem or complaint. Therefore, you can better manage your brand’s reputation.
Your website is an integral consumer touchpoint, so customer experience should be among the top focus. Take a look at your site to see where you can improve things for the customer. Balance aesthetics, usability, and convenience for best results.
Should you or should you not outsource SEO? There are a lot of factors to consider before making that crucial decision. Many companies are hesitant about outsourcing SEO. They have their own way of doing SEO and fear that others may not be able to do it as well. In other words, trust is a factor when deciding to outsource SEO or to handle SEO in-house.
That said, outsourcing SEO will benefit your business greatly. As they say at Red Canyon Media, “Outsourcing SEO saves you time and effort that could go towards more important assignments.” The key to success with outsourcing SEO is execution. In this article, we will discuss top Google ranking factors as well as why brands outsource and how to outsource.
Important Ranking Factors To Know For Google
There are many factors that impact your ranking on the search engine results page (SERP). That said, here are the most important ranking factors out of the 200+ that you need to know must.
- Backlinks – Links from other sites that come to yours need to be credible and relevant to your cause.
- Business Listing – Consistency is key when it comes to your name, address, and phone number (NAP) being the same across the web.
- Content Depth – It is important that your content is thorough in relation to your keywords and is easy to understand.
- Freshness – Many websites like news sites need fresh up to date content that gives their readers value.
- HTTPS – People trust websites that are secure so work to get your SSL or website security credentials up to date.
- Keywords – Make sure that keyword usage is the right amount and avoid overusing it to achieve quality content.
- Mobile-Friendliness – Make sure your website is accessible and compatible across all devices (mobile, tablet, desktop).
- Page Speed – Make sure your website page speed is fast in order for users to stick around while achieving low bounce rates.
- Searcher Intent – Make sure your web page is relevant to what your target audience is searching for.
- Social Signals – Always check your social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) to see how people are responding to your brand.
All these factors are paramount in determining how you stack up amongst the sea of online brands. Always work to be ahead of the game in each above category to have an advantage over the competition.
Why Do Brands Outsource SEO?
A common misstatement that people say about outsourcing is that they think everything needs to be outsourced. Not everything needs to be outsourced. Outsourcing only specific SEO jobs will help you focus your time on other important business situations. Here are some key situations in which outsourcing will benefit you.
- Outsource when you and your team have many things to do at once.
- Outsource when dealing with repetitive SEO tasks such as link building.
- Outsource when overwhelmed with keeping up with ranking factors and constant algorithm changes.
When you’re about to decide whether to outsource SEO or not, consider the time your team spends on SEO tasks instead of other important work. You will save money by outsourcing SEO as opposed to doing it in-house.
Three Steps To Outsourcing SEO
Once you decide that you want to outsource your SEO tasks, follow these three crucial steps:
- Set up a system such as an SOP (Standard Operating System) to ensure that jobs are performed to specifications.
- Hire a freelancer or a white-label agency to carry out SEO tasks.
- Work to manage your tasks via project management software like Basecamp or working with your white-label agency.
Outsourcing SEO Saves Time And Maximizes Performance
It is clear that outsourcing SEO tasks will help maximize the performance of your team. In addition, this saves you and your team time and money that could go to other important tasks. Looking for a white-label agency that achieves quality results, then consider the services Red Canyon Media offers. With quality services like these, you will be doing you and your employees a huge favor.